Regenerative Medicine in Honolulu, HI
Stem Cell Injections for Knees, Back, Hip, or Shoulder Joint Pain Relief and Arthritis. Dr. Dwight Lin Offers Natural and Holistic Treatments to Help You Heal and Feel Your Best. Visit Us at Regenerative Medicine & Rehabilitation of Honolulu Today, Located at 1380 Lusitana St # 709, Honolulu, HI 96813. Open 5 Days a Week for Your Convenience.
Regenerative medicine is a physiologic and holistic approach to nurture and accelerate the body’s natural ability to heal itself. Also known as orthobiologics, there’s nothing ‘magical’ going on here: these treatments harness the healing benefits of your own cells through several key stages:
- A thorough history and examination is essential to identify the injured structure, whether it’s a tendon, muscle, ligament, joint, disk or nerve.
- Unique to the medical specialty of Physiatry is biomechanical assessment, which goes beyond “pointing where it hurts.” Evaluating and understanding your kinesiology (how the muscles, joints and anatomy help you move) is essential.
- We then combine Digital imaging (x-rays, MRI and live digital ultrasound) and advanced technology like EMG and NCV testing for nerve and muscle injuries, to confirm the diagnosis and guide treatment.
ENHANCED TISSUE RECOVERY (through treatment and regeneration).
- PRP (platelet rich plasma) and stem cells are your body’s own mechanisms for tissue repair and recovery. We use live digital imaging to deliver higher concentrations of cells, growth factors and cytokines to the areas of injury.
- We collaborate with Honolulu’s best orthopedic and spine surgeons, however surgery is often unnecessary and carries significant risks.
- Rather than the typical approach to pain management, let’s think about what painkillers are doing on a cellular level.
- Anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) and steroid (aka cortisone) injections have been used for decades to reduce inflammation and swelling, but they do not facilitate the healing process, and may actually impede tissue recovery due to toxic side effects.
- Opioid medications (vicodin, oxycodone, morphine for example) block or hide the sensation of pain, but they are highly addictive and carry dangerous side effects.
- Exercise is medicine: there’s an optimal frequency, intensity and duration to restore strength, range of motion and performance. After an orthobiologic treatment, we prescribe specific exercises with Hawaii’s best physical therapists – a customized rehabilitation program designed around each patient’s unique needs and medical situation.
Arthritis. Sports injuries. Back pain and sciatica.
Take your treatment to a new level.